Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome!

The economy sucks. Millions of folks are out of work and struggling to make ends meet. The media is constantly spewing out scare tactics that we’re all about to careen off the edge of the fiscal cliff. But there are still millions of people living in the Bay Area where the median home price is $588,000. People are still living and thriving here despite the astronomical rents and real estate and cost of living. So if your family doesn’t have a six-figure income, how do you survive in an area this expensive? Surely not everyone is shacking up with their 14 closest friends in order to make rent, right?

My goal in starting this blog is to share the things I’ve found that can help Bay Area families on a budget. This won’t be another couponing site, but rather a resource for Bay Area specific frugal finds and ways to save money on everyday living expenses. I’ll also offer up general frugal living tips that I run across or use myself. Hopefully one of the resources I’ve run across can help someone else survive and even thrive for another day living in one of the most expensive places in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment