Thursday, February 7, 2013

Free admission to the San Jose Museum of Art


The San Jose Museum of Art is holding a special Community Day on Sat., Feb. 9th to celebrate Chinese New Year. Each Community Day, the museum offers free admission to the public. Saturday’s free hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

According to the Chinese calendar, we are entering the year of the snake. As part of their Community Day, the SJMU will have special New Years’ events including some hands-on art making projects, live music, and a lion dance at 1:00 p. m. All ages are welcome, and admission includes all the museum’s regular exhibits.

If you’re planning on attending, don’t forget to budget for parking near the museum. Alternatively, you could always take lightrail to the Diridon station across from the Shark Tank and walk from there. It’s a short jaunt just shy of a mile. 

2 comments:

  1. Way cool! And "the year of the snake" just sound so cool. Are you going? You should totally post pics if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in the year of the snake! Oops, just dated myself. Not sure if I'm going, as my daughter's got ballet in the am and will have to do her daily nap in the afternoon. But yes, I HAVE to get better about this and start posting up pictures. I'm just paranoid of using ones I can find online and always manage to forget my camera wherever I go lol.

    ReplyDelete