Saturday, March 30, 2013

Plant exchange today at the Mountain View Library


Run by the Mountain View Library today from noon to 4 p.m. to participate in a neighborhood plant exchange. If you haven’t done one of these before, it’s an awesome opportunity to offload some extra plants, cuttings, seedlings from your garden, as well as pick up some new stuff to bring home. All for free.

I love plant exchanges, and haven’t been to one in years. I tend to get stuck in gardening ruts and always plant the same things, mainly those that are functional like herbs and vegetables. Being on a budget, it’s sometimes hard to justify the expense of purchasing plants that aren’t going to nourish my family. Silly, I know, as beautiful flowers or a garden can nourish the soul which is just as important, but sometimes I just get too focused on the mouths I have to feed. So I’m excited to see what my neighbors are growing in their gardens and to maybe score some new additions all for free!

The Mountain View Library is located at 585 Franklin St. It sounds like they’re also going to be starting up a seed library (also awesome!) and will be accepting seed donations too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment